After Fridays biking adventure I went to work yesterday morning with my bandaged knee. Then today I asked for my sisters advice. She told me it needed looked at and irrigated and stitched. She gave me the pros and cons list and the cons list included sepsis which I have seen only once and know I don't want it. Another good friend of mine said she would show the picture to a local ER doctor and he advised treatment as well.
I called my office to be relieved and took myself to the ER. I was scared and nervous, but all that changed as one nurse took my vitals, looked at the wound and the doctor came over to treat it right away.
A little cleaning a shot for numbing and a "freezing cold" fluid for irrigation (cleaning). 4 stitches that I wish I could remember the name of. All I know is Dr.Greenburg said they were a very strong stitch and shouldn't tear away during my activities.
The funniest part of my visit was when I asked if I could still do crossfit and the doctor responded in about five days and the ER nurse chimed in and said they'd use elastic stitches. She got a great response and laugh from me. I even got my tetanus shot updated.
I clean my awesome friend's house on Mondays and it happens to be just down the street from the hospital. I called him and he's not here so he told me to make myself at home. I sure am grateful for so many kind people in my life!
The lesson I learned from this is that sometimes its important to heed others advice it may be more sound than your own.

No comments:
Post a Comment